Multipoint borehole extensometers (MPBX) enable the monitoring of relative movements between a groutable anchor down a borehole and a reference head at the surface as a complete displacement monitoring system.
Sisgeo multipoint extensometers monitor measurement ranges up to 100mm (3.9”) or 200mm (7.9”) of up to 7points/ anchors, dependent upon the type of measurement rod and reference head used. Multipoint rod extensometers deployed in tunnelling, deep excavations, foundations and dam’s projects provide precise monitoring of displacement and settlement.
- Monitor up to seven points/ anchors
- Antifriction nylon sleeve
- Compatible with vibrating wire or 4-20mA displacement transducers
- Measurement ranges up to 100mm (3.9”) or 200mm (7.9”)
- Available with fiberglass or stainless-steel rods
- Can be configured specifically depending on application
- Manual readings via calipers or automated readings via transducers
- Pre-assembled, reducing installation costs
Anchors are fixed at a desired depth and attached to a measuring rod encased in a nylon tube for free movement in soil. Movements in this measuring rod can then me manually monitored with a caliper for precision readings at the surface.
Additionally, displacement transducers (vibrating wire or 4-20mA) can be attached to the reference head for automated and remote monitoring via a readout or datalogger.
Typical applications of the Multipoint Borehole Extensometer include:
- Deep excavations
- Dam construction and monitoring
- Displacement monitoring
- Settlement monitoring
- Rock displacement
- Embankment monitoring