Water Level Meters are used to measure the depth of water in standpipes, wells and boreholes.
The W7-5 Water level meter comprises a stainless steel probe fitted to a flexible graduated cable which is wound on to a hand reel containing a transistorised switched circuit, audio (buzzer) and visual (LED light) indicators and a battery.
The meter is simple to use and being portable, can be used at many locations. The tape design prevents it from sticking to wet surfaces, such as the lining of a borehole, ensuring accurate measurements.
- One instrument reads at many locations
- Small probe diameter 16mm
- Contoured tape for accurate readings
- Tape range; 30m–500m with 1mm divisions
- Simple, reliable and easy to operate
- Audible (buzzer) and visual (light) water level alert signals
- Sensitivity adjustment for variations in water conductivity
- Non-stretch polyethylene coated steel tape
- Easily portable
- Tape design prevents tape sticking to wet surfaces
- Economic water level monitoring
- Ideal for boreholes with small diameters
A two conductor cable serves to both lower the probe and connect the probe to the output circuit board. An insulating gap in the probe serves as a switch, closing upon contact with the water. This signalling contact with the water. Elevation of the water table is then read directly from the tape. Since the water acts as the electrolyte, a sensitivity adjustment is provided to compensate for varying conductivity.
The W7-5 Water Level Meter is ideal for site investigations such as the following:
- Water levels in open boreholes
- Control of de-watering and drainage operations
- Construction control and stability monitoring of dames, reservoirs and embankments
- Hydrological and hydrogeological investigations of water resources
- Pollution and environmental studies
- In-situ permeability measurements and pumping tests
- Stability investigations of natural and cut slopes
Geomotion offer installation and monitoring services Australia wide to support this system. For more information please email email@example.com or contact any of our locations in Sydney, Melbourne or Perth.