Cross River Rail Monitoring in Brisbane
- Rail deformation monitoring
- Geomotion Cloud Monitoring Software
- Strain gauges
- Worldsensing Tiltmeters, Laser nodes, VW loggers and gateways
Contact us to discuss about your rail monitoring project.
Cross River Rail is a 10.2km rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 km of twin tunnels under the Brisbane River and Brisbane CBD. The “CBGU JV” is tasked with creating the second river crossing and four new underground stations. The JVs scope includes a number of existing station and rail upgrades.
Producing Brisbane’s first underground rail line and Queensland’s largest infrastructure project for the Olympic city in waiting involved careful preparation of a monitoring regime for station building, mined caverns, adit connections for the underground works as well as multiple tunnels and surface station developments. Albert Street station sprawls a massive 294m, the equivalent of building a sky scraper in the ground and will be Brisbane’s busiest station once complete.
CBGU JV engaged Geomotion to supply Worldsensing wireless loggers and telemetry, a range of instrumentation and Geomotion Cloud monitoring software for complex track monitoring computations. Geomotion’s technical team proved themselves as a reliable provider of solutions, and quickly became the supplier of choice.
Geomotion provided a reliable and easy to deploy monitoring system for:
- Rail deformation monitoring for twist, cant and settlement profile using Loadsensing wireless tiltmeters and Geomotion Cloud Monitoring Software with daily monitoring reports and automated alarms.
- Chainages monitored ranged from 80 to 140m!
- Deep excavations – inclinometers for over 26 boreholes at average depth 40m.
- Over 500 strain gauges for mined caverns.
- Over 350 Worldsensing Tiltmeters, Laser nodes, VW loggers and gateways supplied to the project across 9 sites.